£18,000 - £21,000
Hours: Mon – Thurs 9am - 5.30pm, Fri 9am - 4.15pm
Working for an established marketing/creative company within the promotional products arena based at Salford Quays, my client is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to support the work of the Finance team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in finance, undertaking a wide range of accounting tasks.
Based in Manchester, this role will provide finance support the Ireland team, as well as other sites when required.
- Report and analyse on all aspects of sales and margin for the clients in your remit, including trend analysis.
- Follow up and resolve any findings resulting from monthly reviews and analysis.
- Represent and support your findings in meetings with finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Provide accurate financial information to managers and directors, that will support the analysis and findings resulting from month end processes.
- Prepare, review and take ownership of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you and your team undertake.
- Ensure a pro-active approach is taken to understand the balance sheet reconciliations under your remit and reduce any aged items within your team and the wider finance department.
- Assist with the audit process by providing the required supporting documentation and explanation to adjustments and queries.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in existing processes.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the finance department is involved where relevant.
- Work with the account managers and reporting team to ensure that any financial ad hoc reporting for customers is done efficiently, effectively and professionally.
- Support the wider team by taking ownership of tasks that benefit the finance team as a whole, whilst keeping the customer needs as priority.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to colleagues on system and finance queries.
What We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidates will be AAT/part CIMA qualified as well as being confident, assertive and have a proactive personality with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. Candidates will be customer-focused and aware of the needs of internal and external stakeholders, striving to provide the best service possible. Candidates will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Experience of working in a commercial environment is ideal. Candidates must be able to work on their own as well as part of a busy team with the ability to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your finance and non-finance colleagues at all times.
This is a fast-paced, hands-on role for a bright and numerate applicant; the position requires someone who is highly computer literate and has good systems knowledge and prior experience with working alongside the IT department. Effective organisational ability and time management skills are crucial, and the candidate must be able to work to tight deadlines. Occasional travel to our other offices might be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a market leading organisation with real long-term prospects!
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency