Senior Care Assistant
We are seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to support the Nurse in charge and Head of Care in the provision of the highest standards of care to our residents. You will delegate to junior members of the team and supervise their work, ensuring standards are maintained.
- Under the management of a Registered Nurse / Home Manager, carry out procedures within your competence to assist with the care of residents.
- To make verbal reports to senior staff regarding the residents in the Home as necessary.
- Supervise the team of care assistants, allocate workload, make certain all delegated tasks have been carried out and accurately recorded
- Actively promote effective communication and relationships within the team
- Ensure at all times that junior staff treat all information with respect and confidentiality when receiving, giving, storing or retrieving information.
- Oversee and maintain and review the Key Worker System.
- To assist senior staff with leadership and co-ordination of the care team.
- Organise and implement the daily allocation sheet.
- To ensure that residents are helped to retain their dignity and individuality.
- To participate in the treatment and rehabilitation of residents as required.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safekeeping of resident’s property.
- Carrying out general household duties that promote the welfare of residents.
- Assisting with residents meals, making sure the meal is well presented and served at the correct temperature. Encouraging residents to have an adequate diet, reporting when this has not been achieved.
- To be fully conversant with the rules and procedures carried out in the event of a fire.
- To report all accidents and incidents to the Person in Charge of the Home.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with the requirements regarding dress, behaviour, punctuality and attendance.
- To be aware of and implement any Quality initiatives developed by the Company.
- The job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be exhaustive.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the Home:
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
- Participate in quality assurance systems
- Compliance with Group Policies and Procedures at all times