The finance and accountancy division of SF Recruitment are working with a large further education institution located in Northamptonshire to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. The position will report directly into the Chief Financial Officer but it is the responsibility of the Financial Controller to manage the finance team.
The position requires the Financial Controller to take responsibility for:
- All accounting records including statutory requirements.
- The production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and budgets and submit to the Senior Leadership Team, Board and Finance Committee.
- The production of timely year end statutory accounts.
- Providing a business partnering approach to support and constructively challenge Budget Holders.
- Proactively supporting continuous improvement in finance processes and procedures.
- Management of the finance function.
- Monitoring income, expenditure and budgets.
The Financial Controller will be:
- A qualified accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Educated to Degree level, Masters level is desirable
- Experienced at Financial Controller level
- Higher Education, Further Education or School background
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- High street discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Private medical insurance
- Free car parking
- Competitive Salary £54,000 per annum