We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Our team of over 700 colleagues is continuing to grow, and we are delighted to be 34th in the 2018 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 40 years' we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
We are currently looking for an experienced underwriter or mandator, ideally with a background in secured lending.
The key task of the Underwriter is to assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate secured loan/ Mortgage applications.
On top of a generous basic salary, we offer an annual bonus and excellent benefits package.
• To professionally assess all cases from direct customers and brokers in order to make informed underwriting decisions that are in line with Company policies, procedures and lending criteria
• To accurately assess the risk on an application ensuring that the loan is affordable
• To minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance
• To proactively manage a pipeline of cases
• To provide brokers and customers with accurate case updates at all points in the process
• To provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
• To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to throughout the process
Skills & Experience:
• Previous underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market
• Experience of dealing with brokers and third parties
• PC skills including MS Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Strong planning and problem solving skills
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West's most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK's best 100 mid-size companies to work for. We went straight into the top 40, ranking at an impressive 34 in the UK and making the top ten in the North West.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants are subject to enhanced pre-employment screening checks. This will consist of a Disclosure Barring Service check, credit check, fraud prevention check and sanctions file check.