We are very pleased to represent a successful SME business based in North Leeds, due to a continuous growth they are seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant. Working alongside the Financial Controller you will be given the opportunity to develop your career, providing study support.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the Finance Manager to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Bank reconciliation
- Matching, batching and coding invoices
- Reconcile supplier invoices with their statements.
- Handling queries, escalating any issues to the Finance Manager when appropriate
- Assist with recording, reconciling and paying staff expense claims
- Preparing the monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Accruals and prepayments
- Analysis of billable hours
- Managing Accounts inbox
- Inter company reconciliations
- VAT Submissions
- Month-end close of ledgers
- Manage payment applications for approved funding
- Process employee expenses
- Manage credit card statements
- Credit control
- Assisting with ad hoc finance projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience of the above duties
- Strong double entry book-keeping knowledge
- Experience of working with accounts for multiple/a group of companies
- Experience in the use of Xero
You will ideally be studying or completed AAT. The client can offer study support, including further ACCA/CIMA study.
Strand have worked with this client for several years, they offer a superb working environment with an excellent culture. This is a great role for anybody who is seeking that next step in their career.
Salary c£23,000 - £28,000 - depending on experience
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Free parking and superb public transport options
In order to apply please submit your CV to Emma Easton at Strand Recruitment. This is an urgent requirement within the business and interview will take place as soon as possible.