Brewster Partners are exclusively recruiting for an established manufacturing SME in the Doncaster area. A rare opportunity has become available withing their small but established finance department for a Finance Assistant on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and working alongside another Finance Assistant and Assistant Accountant you will have a varied and busy role covering the following duties:
- Controlling the Purchase and Sales Ledge and ensuring that all documents are recorded correctly
- Ensuring all supplier statements are reconciled and differences resolved.
- Reconcile and pay all intercompany accounts
- Processing Priority payments as required.
- Matching Delivery Notes to invoices and filing.
- Ensuring Invoice authorisation policy is followed
- Ensuring Employee expenses are correctly recorded
- Resolving supplier issues before they become material problem
- Monitoring and assessing customer accounts and credit limits
- Releasing /holding customer orders
- Cash input and allocation/reconciliation of Bank Statements
- Chasing unpaid invoices and dealing with invoice/debit note queries.
- Logging invoice queries and raising credits
- Reporting Aged Debt Accounts
- Working to monthly Deadlines
- Banking and Sales Ledger updates
- Preparing reports for customer meetings
- Running invoice and credit reports daily
- Collection of overdue accounts via telephone, letter and email
- Accessing online banking and printing daily statements for BACS payments
- Projects to improve the efficiency of the business
- Liaising with external auditors as required
You will have some previous accounting experience, be an excellent communicator and a strong team player.
This role is a varied, busy and interesting role that would suit an AAT student looking to further develop their accounting experience or an experienced Clark looking for stability, a strong team environment or more variety. This business has a reputation for strong staff retention and always has a busy social calendar.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpartners.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Partners receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.