Balance Sheet Control Manager
We have a notable opportunity for you to join the Finance Operations team in York as a Balance Sheet Control Manager. The role holder will handle reconciliation governance and policy holder tax partners for Finance Operations to support excellence and improvement to service delivered.
Aviva’s a new global operating model for Finance, based on shared services supporting the markets and a leaner corporate centre consists of four pillars, one of which is Aviva Finance Operations (AFO) - a highly effective and agile team managing resources and providing excellent service to the rest of our Finance function. This team, under the leadership of our global process owners, is responsible for our core Finance operational and reporting processes.
What are the duties & responsibilities of the Balance Sheet Control Manager?
You will need to run your own portfolio of delivery in the following areas:
- Providing oversight of the reconciliation governance and production teams
- Accountability for a group of HMRC accounts, including reconciliations and payments oversight
- Delivering governance and develop appropriate processes for monitoring and reporting reconciliation status
- Leading and managing change which improves and progresses end to end processes. Drive improvements, efficiencies and deliver shared service benefits
- Acting as a point of intensification - assisting in partner management, in particular the policy-holder relationship with HMRC, and provide advice to our production teams
- Working collaboratively to ensure expectations are managed and delivered for the business and its customers
Who are we looking for?
To join our team, we are looking for a motivated, self starter with experience in core finance activity. If you are strong at building good, working relationships with a range of key business partners (finance and non-finance teams) and have a robust track record in delivering work to key deadlines, communicating with a wide range of business partners - we will want to talk to you. Ideally you have experience taking accountability for your own work portfolio, whilst being able to coach others to achieve their goals.
What skills & experiences are required?
- Core finance knowledge including general ledger accounting
- Commercial experience with Financial Services/General Insurance or similar areas
- Accountancy qualification is preferred but not essential with the right experience
- Excellent relationship and business partner management skills across varying teams
- Deep understanding of risk management and control frameworks
- Experience contributing to project-based work in financial teams
- Validated business familiarity of problem solving and taking responsibility
- Consistent results in delivering BAU & Change
- Broad knowledge of generic businesses processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £30,000 to £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online.