Cook/Assistant Cook at Scottish Christian outdoor adventure centre
Abernethy Trust is a group of four Scottish outdoor centres, providing exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. The role of the Cook or Assistant Cook is essential to our ministry as our kitchen team are crucial for providing quality residential experiences for our guests. Tasks include:
- To create high quality nutritionally balanced meals for our residential groups and team members
- To supervise, train and work with the team of Gap Years, ensuring high standards of customer service for up to 100 guests at the centre on a daily basis
- To ensure that hygienic practices are maintained according to our policies
- To carry out administrative tasks in the office as required
- Active involvement with ‘Explore' evening Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
We are looking for a hands-on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
You might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance we would be willing to consider appointing a Trainee Cook. A key part of this job is shift work and the successful applicant will have the stamina and motivation to work irregular hours as part of an enthusiastic team.
Find out more on our site.
Watch a short video about Abernethy Nethybridge:
In the context of a Christian team, who are an intentional faith-based community, it is an Occupational Requirement, in terms of the Equality Act 2010, that this post is filled by a practising Christian.