Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is one of Britain’s leading co-educational independent boarding schools, set in an attractive Rutland market town. As a boarding school, there is a strong sense of community. Almost 800 pupils (age 13 to 18) live on site 24/7 and are accommodated in 15 boarding houses, taught by two-dozen academic departments, and participate in numerous extracurricular activities such as sports, music, drama and expeditions.
Position: Health Centre Administration Assistant
Location: Uppingham, Oakham
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 30 hours per week, during term time (32 weeks per year); Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 2.30pm (with a half-hour unpaid lunch break).
Salary: £9693.00 (£9.01 per hour)
Benefits: Uppingham School Group Pension Plan, Private health care, Free lunches during term-time, Subsidised membership of the Uppingham School Sports Centre.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 19th April 2019
Interview date: Monday 29th April 2019
About the role:
We are currently seeking a responsible Administrative Assistant to become an active member of the Woodfield Health Centre team at Uppingham School.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to the Lead Nurse, and will provide administrative support to the whole school nursing team, which involves assisting in the daily needs of the Health Centre, general reception duties, administrative and clerical duties, general Health Centre duties and assisting the Lead Nurse in her role ensuring a comprehensive service provision for our pupils, parents and staff. Ultimately, the Administrative Assistant will ensure an efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our Health Centre.
- Being the first point of contact for pupils, parents and staff members
- Welcoming pupils and booking them in for their appointments
- Sending, receiving and actioning emails with support from the nursing team
- Managing the Health Centre filing systems: assisting nurses with making up notes for new pupils, filing paper consultations, Consultant letters, email information, vaccination information
- Stock checking and ordering stock and supplies of medical equipment, first aid supplies, stationary and provisions
- Assisting the Lead Nurse in coordinating vaccines and medicine stocks; managing the distribution of medicines to boarding houses and trip leaders
- Reporting maintenance and IT issues as required; any other duties that may be required for this role.
- Co-ordinating the Travel Service that the Health Centre provides for school trips alongside the Clinical Lead for Travel
- Attending regular ‘catch-up’ meetings with Lead Nurse, arranging cover in the event of nurse absence and recording clinical care information for audit purposes
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate well with people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload, including urgent and ad hoc work.
- Good communicator: ability to deal with pupils, parents / guardians and staff in a polite and helpful manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the health centre.
- Friendly and welcoming.
- Patient, understanding, discrete and respects confidentiality.
- Previous experience of working in a busy administrative environment.
- Previous experience of working in a healthcare environment / GP practice.
- Previous experience working with PASS (school IT system).
- Previous experience working with System One (GP IT system).
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
You may have experience of the following: Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Customer Service, Administration Assistant etc.