Senior Content Writer (London or Norwich) - Fixed-Term and Flexible
Our flexible working environment
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
Where we are based
The role is based in our Digital Garage in Hoxton, London with the opportunity to work in Norwich, if you prefer.
A little bit more about us
Aviva Digital was launched just over three years ago with the mission to step change Aviva’s digital capability globally and to create a successful direct digital business, primarily in the UK. As we enter the business’s fourth year we have established strong foundations and have a clear set of priorities to build a successful, growing direct digital business.
Providing around 31 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products, Aviva is one of the leading providers of life and pension products in Europe and have strong businesses in selected international markets.
What we offer
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
As Senior Content Writer, you will have overall accountability for the quality and consistency of all customer-facing digital copy for the Aviva brand.
Managing a team of 4 content writers, you will also personally produce some written content and ensure that all copy developed for use on the website or through marketing channels are to a high standard and consistent with Aviva's brand.
What you'll be doing
- Work alongside partners to refine requirements, prioritise work and challenge when business and customer values are not met
- Handle all output from writers – reviewing and editing where required
- Ensure all copy follows content process and workflows including sign-off and approvals
- Approve and feedback on copy delivered by copywriters
- Write digital content as and when required
- Optimise editorial strategy alongside key partners
- Ensure optimisation standards and success metrics are set and achieved
- Ensure content meets accessibility guidelines
- Produce high quality copywriting across our digital platforms and channels that aligns with the editorial standards and TOV guidelines
- Consistent improvement in copy-writing capabilities
- Collaborative and effective working relationships with Marketing Scrum Masters and Marketing Managers resulting in copy that meets business needs as well as digital best practice
A little bit about you
- Previous experience of leading a team of writers in a complex corporate structure
- Previous experience in a web copywriting role
- Experience editing content
- Experience using and managing Content Management Systems
- Strong English writing and oral skills
- Experience of working in web, ecommerce and/or Digital Marketing environments
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- A marketing/Digital/e-Business/English or Journalism related degree would be advantageous but not essential
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Shanice Morgan in the Resourcing team.