Portfolio Management & Governance Team Leader - 2 year contract - exciting opportunity
You will lead a team of up to 8 people to run the directorate’s portfolio management office (PMO). The PMO supports the senior management team to articulate and deliver its strategy, and works with teams across the directorate to provide the infrastructure through which the strategy is then delivered. This includes proactively tracking and influencing a subset of actions, initiatives and projects.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Running a Portfolio Management Office to drive effective planning and delivery of the department’s corporate strategy.
- Providing advice and support to the Corporate Centre senior management team to ensure that the directorate’s work progresses and effective decisions are made.
- Maintaining a single picture of the department’s corporate priorities, delivery plans, risks and decision points – including taking handover of the corporate portfolio management office from external consultants.
- Running the department’s boards, including the Permanent Secretary-chaired Executive Board and Audit and Risk Committee
- Leading relationships and support to our Non-Executive Board Members.
- Leading relationships with our internal auditors (GIAA).
- Coordination of cross-directorate and departmental projects to support the delivery of departmental priorities.
- Working with colleagues on corporate activities to ensure the Department is a great place to work.
This post reports to Deputy Head, Corporate Strategy (Grade 6). You will work closely with a similar sized team lead by another G7 who leads the on the division’s policy-orientated functions, and will support and deputise for the Deputy Head from time to time. You will be assisting management in responding to changing circumstances and priorities, driving a more collaborative culture.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer.