HM Land Registry has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer (Security Admin) to join the team based in Plymouth. You will join us on a permanent basis with full time and part time positions available. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of £25,247 (plus IT allowance of up to £4,609 may be payable).
It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry as we embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. We are now looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (Security Administration) to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
About the role:
We are looking for talented and tenacious people to join our Security Operations Team. The team are responsible for the management of existing and delivery of new security controls across HM Land Registry’s varied IT infrastructure. Part of this role includes 2nd and 3rd line support for access control issues; implementation of new security systems and security incident response and investigation.
What we’re looking for in our Infrastructure Engineer:
The successful candidate will already have experience in the use of Windows Server 2008 or later and in at least one of the following areas; Active Directory, Group Policy, NTFS Security and Scripting technologies. You will be expected to plan and prioritise your own work load and work effectively as part of a team. You will have good communication skills and can demonstrate a logical analytical approach to problem solving and the initiative and determination to complete tasks.
Benefits of becoming our Infrastructure Engineer:
HMLR offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
We also offer:
- An employee recognition scheme
- Long-service awards
- Maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks’ full pay, followed by 13 weeks’ statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- Paternity leave allowance of two weeks plus four days’ paid leave
- Paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist
- Paid volunteering leave
- A social and sports club in every office
- The opportunity to compete in national Civil Service competitions for a wide variety of sports
- Access to our employee assistance programme for counselling and support on a wide range of issues
- An interest-free loan for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
- Many other rewards including access to discounted healthcare, a Microsoft Home Use programme and shopping, leisure and finance discounts.
To continue your application for the role of Infrastructure Engineer, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Closing Date: 15th April 2019