Ground Worker Level 1
We have opportunities to join our groundwork and drainage team responsible for providing a high quality service to clients, maintaining contractual obligations for the maintenance and repair of their housing stock and communal areas.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Lay new or replacement paving slabs, block pavers and erecting fencing of all types.
- Lay appropriate ground works with concrete or tarmac to include dropped kerbs, driveways and paths.
- Undertake underground sewer pipe repairs.
- Undertake drain clearance with rods.
- Appropriate waste management in conjunction with all tasks undertaken.
- Respond to changing circumstances and where necessary re-evaluate workloads in order to address emergency situations.
You will have experience of ground work in a wide range of groundwork related matters and working as part of a team.
Have an understanding of the importance of customer service. Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously when necessary. Be able to communicate effectively and politely with customers, officers and members of the public.
Hold full valid U.K. driving license.
Aster Group provides safety and security through our reliable landlord and independent living services and we supply a wide range of housing options in response to the housing crisis.
We own and manage over 30,000 homes, serving more than 90,000 customers in 40 local authority areas. We employ around 1,300 colleagues based in office locations across our operating regions.
We delivered nearly 1,000 new homes in 2017/18, with revenue from outright sales of £20m, shared ownership first tranche sales of £36m, generating an expected profit before tax of £50m.
We are investing in the future of our business with substantial resources set aside to improve our employee experience and to achieve our digital transformation ambitions. Through the Aster Foundation we are committed to giving something back to our local communities.