Free-VA is a registered charity based in Leicester, working towards reducing domestic violence, rape and sexual assault.
We provide specialist support and information to anyone affected by domestic violence, rape and sexual assault - we work closely with other agencies to ensure the right support is in place for you.
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 26 hours per week
Salary: £18,993 (pro rata)
Closing date for application forms is: 29th April 2019
Interviews will be held on: 7th / 8th May 2019
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic and committed team through supporting our back office functions. We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer, ideally with an accountancy background who is highly self-motivated. You will be responsible for providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, income & expenditure records; process all payments through cashflow and monthly bank reconciliation
- Inputting of all accurate payment, supplier, customer and receipt information onto SAGE and other management systems in order to meet our accounting requirements including assisting the monitoring of cash flow
- Preparation and management of all budgets and forecasts
- Assist with routine requests and correspondence enquiries with regards to finance for both internal and external stakeholders
- Log and submit all claims to appropriate funding body (multiple funders) and maintain all relevant paperwork in good order
- Provide the Senior Management Team and Trustees with monthly / quarterly / annual financial reports and attend meetings as and when required.
- Liaise with named trustee on key matters / reports and meet on a regular basis to discuss key issues
- Escalate financial risks / matters to the CE and trustees as and when identified
- Responsibility for the pension scheme online processes; including enrolling new members and reporting any changes as and when required
- Liaise with HMRC in relation to PAYE
- Prepare salary schedules and liaise with payroll provider for the preparation of salaries including monitoring holiday and maternity pay for all staff
- Liaise with external contractors on a regular basis in relation to work to be carried out, any day to day office issues and any quotes required
- Manage both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers, liaising with customers and suppliers to resolve any queries and ensure timely payments
- Manage the office on a day-to-day basis, including dealing with all business calls, incoming and outgoing mail and electronic communications
- Maintain an efficient system of stock keeping and reordering in relation to the materials required by FreeVA.
- Maintain a booking system for use of FreeVA equipment
- A good level of attainment from secondary education together with relevant office work experience
- Sage-Financial training (or equivalent)
- An accounting qualification, e.g. Accounting & Administration Technician (AAT) or working towards one
- A minimum of three year work experience in book keeping and financial records
- Working with multiple funding streams
- Compiling, submitting and interpreting financial reports to include experience of preparing monthly management and year end accounts
- Providing administrative support to a medium sized team
- Experience of preparing financial forecasts, cash flows and budgets
- Experience of working for a Charity and / or Limited Company
- A competent user in all aspects of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience of submitting successful funding applications
- Knowledge of the Roles & Responsibilities of trustees
Successful candidates will also be asked to provide certificates for any qualifications they hold which are relevant to the position.
Successful candidates will also be subject to Disclosure Barring Checks (DBS).
FreeVA is committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity.
Applications are particularly welcome that reflect the diversity of our community.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Administrator, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, Finance Assistant, Administrator, Administration, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, AAT, SAGE, Finance Support etc.