Participation Support Assistant
PARTICIPATION SUPPORT ASSISTANT (3 positions available)
Responsible to Participation Support Manager
Location National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, Roehampton, London SW15 5JQ
Salary c. £20,000 - £25,000
About the role
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” and its mission is to make tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional operational support and customer service to the Participation Team and key partners and customers across the game of tennis in Britain. Working in partnership with the Central and Regional Participation teams, this role will have broad and varied responsibilities to support the delivery of agreed strategies and plans across the delivery channels and a variety of partners, as well as in the more specialist areas of workforce, competition and disability development.
- Support the plan for growth in key network areas and venues aligned to the central participation strategy by providing an efficient administration function including logistics, finances and monitoring amongst others.
- Play an active role in the process which will lead the Regional Team to identify the LA’s, tennis networks and venues with the biggest opportunity to influence participation.
- Liaise with, and support as appropriate, external partners to ensure that they are able to deliver and report on progress in line with agreed strategy and plans.
- Work with regional team colleagues to support County Associations in the planning and delivery of aligned strategies and plans.
- Where relevant and agreed, provide support to the regional performance teams, helping to join up work programmes with the regional teams and county associations.
- Be the point of contact for the regional teams with the Marketing and Communications teams to ensure support for the delivery of plans where required.
- Ensure that there is a strong level of engagement with relevant LTA products and programmes and support venues and partners to adopt, deliver, monitor and report on these where appropriate.
- Work with relevant colleagues from the Central Support and Regional Teams to ensure that there is high quality support in the deployment of plans with delivery partners, LAs and venues.
- Provide exemplary customer service to the regional tennis workforce, central and regional participation team colleagues and County Associations, including email and telephone support and responding to feedback and enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with the British Tennis Services team in the handling of complaints and delivering communication back to participation teams with resolution and evaluation.
- Work with the central Insights team to provide statistical information to regional teams as required.
- Support event delivery including training sessions, forums and stakeholder engagement events.
- Build and maintain a broad and relevant understanding of British tennis and an expert knowledge in one or more specialist areas and/or geographical locations.
- Support venues, delivery partners and the workforce in the adoption of agreed safeguarding plans and procedures, working closely with the Regional Safeguarding Officers.
- Work with the Regional Team to implement effective regional and county communication plans to support delivery against strategic outcomes.
- Be an ambassador for Tennis in Britain positively promoting the sport and those that work and volunteer within it.
Previous Experience of:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to a wide range of stakeholders - Essential
- Working with a diverse and geographically dispersed workforce - Essential
- Complaints resolution - Essential
- Quality and consistent administrative support in a busy and fast paced environment - Essential
- Working to a high level of attention to detail and accuracy - Essential
Knowledge, Training & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and communicate with people at all levels - Essential
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills - Essential
- Competent IT skills (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint/Databases/Microsoft Office/internet) - Essential
- An understanding of the wider sports network and the elements involved in developing sports in Club, Community and Education settings - Desirable
- An understanding of local, County, Regional and National Tennis structures - Desirable
Teamwork A great communicator both internally & externally
Always prepared to work collaboratively
Works well as part of a regional team, working with others across large areas
Works openly & honestly in the interests of the team
Will always suggest improvements to ways of working
Treats others as you wish to be treated
Committed to growing the sport of tennis
Hard working & driven to succeed and achieve our mission
Passionate about developing opportunities for people to play sport
Always aims to achieve the best possible outcome
Develops plans based on best practise and previous experience
Seeks support from colleagues to improve outcomes