Senior Finance Officer
5 days left
- Part Time
Our flexible working:
The post is part-time for two days per week (14 hours), enabling flexibility within the team and with the opportunity of further development to meet the needs of the academy moving forward.
Burnt Ash Primary School is a thriving standalone academy looking to recruit a new Chief Finance Officer, in a leading role within the school business team.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be working alongside the School Manager and will be supported by a Senior Finance Officer and administration team. Burnt Ash Primary School is an innovative and stimulating place to work, creating positive learning environments for our children and highly rewarding and enjoyable work environments for our staff.
Our inclusive practice is nationally recognized by Challenge Partners, Team London and the Mayor of London.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain accurate financial records and produce reports as required
- To assist in the provision of data for analysis and evaluation
- To undertake the required processes in respect of purchase orders, invoicing, credit card transactions, cash received, income received, childcare vouchers
- Implement a payment run at least weekly.
- To enter VAT onto the system and process VAT returns as required
- To manage the sales ledger
- To manage the bank account and credit card entries and reconciliation
- To maintain an accurate asset register
- To be responsible for managing , preventing and reporting on outstanding debtors
- To provide periodic reports to budget holders as required
- To book training courses an authorise card payment if required
- To raise invoices for courses delivered
- To provide support to the CFO regarding budget and cash flow reporting to facilitate preparation of information for Trustees
- To provide support in year-end processes and close down.
- To monitor and agree Debtor and creditor figures
- To enter and update any payroll information onto the system and provide information for checking by the CFO monthly
- To agree the payroll control account
- To provide support to internal and external audit and other inspections as required
- To provide support to all staff on financial issues
- To keep knowledge up to date and current
- To undertake any other finance related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience of SIMs, FMF, Parent Pay or similar and willingness to learn
- Ability to work accurately to tight timescales
- Highly organised and adaptable
- Have excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Be committed to and have an understanding of safeguarding in a school environment
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience of working in a school or other educational environment
- Experience of working in a senior financial role
- Have proven ICT skills, particularly finance applications
- Accounting qualification or significant relevant experience