Chief Finance Officer
Our flexible working:
The post is part-time for two days per week (14 hours), enabling flexibility within the team and with the opportunity of further development to meet the needs of the academy moving forward.
Burnt Ash Primary School is a thriving standalone academy looking to recruit a new Chief Finance Officer, in a leading role within the school business team.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be working alongside the School Manager and will be supported by a Senior Finance Officer and administration team. Burnt Ash Primary School is an innovative and stimulating place to work, creating positive learning environments for our children and highly rewarding and enjoyable work environments for our staff.
Our inclusive practice is nationally recognized by Challenge Partners, Team London and the Mayor of London.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To work with the Head Teacher ( Chief Accounting Officer) and the Trust Board to ensure Financial probity within the Trust and fulfil the responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer as outlined in the Financial Handbook for Academies. Duties will include:-
- The delivery of the Trusts accounting processes, ensuring probity in the financial management of the Trust to include banking, debt management, and cash flow.
- Provide technical advice and support on financial matters
- Support the Head Teacher in preparation of annual budget planning for consideration of the Trust Board.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, income and expenditure, accruals, cash flow forecast and budget forecast, interrogating and questioning any anomalies and reporting to the Board.
- Provide the main point of contact for financial matter’s liaising with Accountants in the preparation and submission of annual accounts and financial statements to the relevant authorities.
- Provide the main point of contact for internal and external audit selection, planning and oversight of capital projects.
- Maintain controls within the Trust for use of licences software, security and privacy of data in accordance with DPA 2018 and GDPR and be the named GDPR Officer
- Maintain an oversight of Payroll, VAT returns and any other financial processes as appropriate and required.
- Check that a register of contracts, register of assets and the relevant risk register is maintained undertaking checks as appropriate and ensuring proper processes are followed.
- Oversee the procurement processes for the Trust ensuring value for money and ensuring compliance with Public Sector Procurement Regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge of the Financial regulations which apply to Academies.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector procurement regulations and OJEU if applicable
- Knowledge of SIMS. FMS and Parent Pay or similar
- Ability to work Accurately to tight timescales
- Highly organised and adaptable
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be committed to and have an understanding of safeguarding in a school environment
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An accounting qualification or significant relevant experience in a senior position
- Experience of working within a school or other similar educational setting in a senior financial role
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of reporting to a Board or similar
- Have proven ICT skills and experience of using financial applications