1 day left
Children’s Hospice South West is a registered charity dedicated to the provision of hospice care for life-limited children and their families in the South West.
Position: Fundraising Assistant
Location: Charlton Farm, Bristol (commutable from Portishead, Clevedon, Wraxall and surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 28 hours per week
Salary: From £13,493 per annum (£17,831 FTE)
Benefits: We value our staff and offer an excellent working environment with an enthusiastic and committed team. We offer competitive benefits and of course the knowledge that every day your work makes a real difference to short and precious lives.
Closing date: Friday 26 April 2019
Anticipated interviews: Friday 3 May 2019
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to either take their first steps into a charity fundraising role or develop their existing fundraising experience. Working alongside an inspiring and successful fundraising team, the successful candidate will be highly motivated and organised with a positive approach to their work and excellent communication skills. There will be the opportunity to support and assist the community team, and occasionally the events and wider fundraising team, with a full range of fundraising activities.
- To support the community and occasionally the events team in the maintenance of existing fundraising groups, key fundraising opportunities and supporter donor care and development.
- To work alongside members of the fundraising team to gain a better understanding of the various fundraising roles, including undertaking speaker training and assisting fundraisers, where needed, with giving appropriate talks and attending cheque presentations.
- To support the community team in the research, approach and development of community partnerships
- To support the community fundraisers with sourcing and co-ordinating volunteers for community events
- To occasionally support the Events Fundraiser in promoting CHSW events as well as researching and identifying new promotional opportunities.
- To understand the compliance and regulations that impact fundraising, and the values, strategic vision and employee guidance in place within CHSW.
- To adhere to the charity’s policies and procedures.
- To contribute to other activities undertaken by CHSW under the direction of the Senior Fundraiser (Charlton Farm).
- Good interpersonal skills, to include: verbal and written communication; ability to work in an inclusive, collaborative and flexible manner.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, prepared to learn and develop existing and new skills.
- Microsoft Office™ Suite.
- Interest in, and commitment to, the aims and objectives of CHSW.
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines, use initiative, take responsibility and be self-motivated.
- Flexible approach to working hours including evenings and weekends.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel to other Children’s Hospice South West premises and throughout the South West Region, with occasional travel throughout the UK (this may incur overnight stays).
- Dealing with a range of activities in a team environment.
- Dealing with a variety of people.
- Experience of using computer programmes to support logging of detail and planning
- Some understanding of charity work and regulation and of fundraising activity.
CHSW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all employees must obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Administrator, Fundraiser, Not For Profit, Charity, NFP, etc.