Principal GIS Consultant
Principal GIS Consultant – London
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead and build a GIS/GeoScience team. The Arup Geographic Information System (GIS) team is seeking an experienced consultant to join our team in London to lead and deliver large scale geospatial driven projects.
- Understanding of GIS database management and development
- Understanding of Open and proprietary GIS systems and solutions
- Experience of running major GIS projects
- Ability to lead and inspire a collaborative team working in different locations
- Winning work and building a client base
- Working across multiple sectors
- Managing a team of technical specialists, including recruitment and development managing
It would also be useful if you possess some of the following;
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters in GIS or a related topic
- Experience in a client facing role, including pitching and presenting
- Interest in developing design skills through participation in Meet-ups or other self-learning methods
- Experience of working with environmental specialists
- Experience of working with transport engineers ideally rail and road
- Experience of building and running a team
- Experience developing a business and winning work
- ProjectWise or other common data environment systems
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to complement your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Closing date: 12.05.2019
Apply for Principal GIS Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly