Personal Assistant and Business Support to P&A Director - 2 Year Flexible working opportunity
1 day left
Planning and Analysis Directorate
The Planning and Analysis Directorate (P&A) sits at the centre of DExEU’s work. We work closely with other government departments and DExEU directorates to generate and combine the best analysis and evidence across DExEU and Whitehall, to support the UK’s negotiations and preparations for Brexit.
The directorate has three principal analytical objectives: 1. to analyse the implications of exit options particularly on trade, customs, citizens’ rights and migration; 2. to lead, coordinate and challenge Whitehall’s analysis and evidence in support of Brexit negotiations and preparations; and, 3. to provide timely and insightful economic advice to Ministers and senior officials.
Personal Assistant and Business Support to Deputy Director
As Personal Assistant to a Deputy Director, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of their day-to-day activities, with responsibility for ensuring their time is used effectively to deliver their objectives and those of the wider team.
You will be a key point of contact for the Deputy Director, required to liaise with a range of senior stakeholders from across the Civil Service. You will advise the Deputy Director as issues arise and you will be proactive as and when the multiple calls on their time have to be re-prioritised.
You’ll be organising meetings and using your judgement to ensure the Deputy Director are appropriately briefed and prepared in advance, and acting as a liaison with the Future Economic Partnership Senior Management team, across Whitehall economist colleagues, and senior stakeholders.
The main responsibilities will be:
● Arranging meetings, phone calls and events with internal and external stakeholders, including travel arrangements, maintaining a strategic overview of the Deputy Director’s schedule;
● Monitoring of Deputy Director’s inbox, review all correspondence, prioritise and manage, including responding directly when appropriate;
● Commissioning briefing for all events in the Deputy Director’s diary, ensuring that it meets the required standard;
● Preparing daily packs for the Deputy Director, ensuring they have the necessary information and paperwork they need each day;
● Handling all diary requests and invitations, using your judgement to prioritise and seeking guidance from the Deputy Director’ where necessary;
● Building and maintaining effective relationships, using good communication skills, with all grades (including senior stakeholders) across Planning & Analysis, DEXEU and wider government.
● Providing business support to the wider Directorate, this will include answering queries received via the Business Support mailbox, for example; booking rooms, assisting with organising meetings, booking travel and assisting with all types of corporate enquiries. You will also be expected to get involved in the working groups responsible for leading different corporate strands
We are a Flexible and Disability confident employer