Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
Reporting To: Management Accountant. Term: ASAP, permanent, full or part time (at least 28hrs per week), flexible working considered. Package: £24k to £30k. Location: London (Wandsworth).
Q-Bot is a high tech, high growth, international start-up, developing robotics and intelligent systems that are revolutionising the built environment whilst creating a positive social impact (you’ll find more detail below).
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper to join the Finance team to manage the day to day accounts function and provide support for monthly and annual reporting. Taking ownership of the bookkeeping for the business you’ll be the first point of contact for supplier and customer enquiries, liaising closely with other teams to provide accurate and timely reporting. You’ll be working in a growing company, taking responsibility for a wide range of accounting tasks and some other general office management functions.
We are looking for someone committed to the core bookkeeping role. If you have the right skills and attributes for this role please send us your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the requirements, why you are applying for this job and what type of role you are looking for.
- Ownership of the accounts inbox and post.
- Processing transactions and managing the payables and expenses reporting.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure accuracy and appropriate documentation.
- Assisting with the inventory and stock ordering.
- Support for monthly reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and sales invoicing.
- Support general office management including monitoring office supplies and coordinating travel bookings.
- Assisting the Sales Team to handle customer enquiries and manage the workflow of private sales.
- Ad hoc admin, research and data requests. Supporting other teams as needed.
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
- Self-motivated and highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively manage tasks, report progress, plan time and work to deadlines.
- Adaptable and happy to take on new challenges but recognise when to seek guidance.
- Can do attitude and willing to lend a hand with other teams when required.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office package, able to use formulas in Excel.
- Comfortable using the internet and learning to use new software and online packages.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least a year’s experience working in an accounts/bookkeeping role.
- Education: A Bookkeeping Qualification such as AAT or ‘qualified by experience’.
- Q-Bot will support study towards relevant qualifications for the right candidate.
Q-Bot is revolutionising the construction industry with robotics, digital tools and AI to transform archaic processes and enable new services for the inspection maintenance and upgrade of buildings. Q-Bot’s mission is to be able to measure and improve the health of buildings without the cost and disruption of traditional methods.
The company has commercialised a highly innovative method of applying under floor insulation using a robotic device and has a number of new services in development. As a result of this work Q-Bot has developed a number of exciting robotic and AI technologies which include robotic vehicles, digital manufacturing and 3D printing, control routines for autonomous localisation and navigation, 3D mapping of environments with automatic categorisation of features, as well as tools to manage the installation process and data collected.
The company has a growing team of 30 employees in offices in London and Newcastle. Q-Bot has state of the art equipment, including an in-house pick and place machine and 3-axis CNC milling machine. Q-Bot is run by an experienced management team with an entrepreneurial track record, project management expertise and unique blend of robotics and building know how. The company’s employees are a unique blend of engineers with Masters and PhDs in Science or Engineering and professionals with decades of practical experience in the construction sector.
Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or age.