Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to provide outstanding support in Edinburgh, Kirkliston, Musselburgh, Longniddry, Garvald, Bruntsfield, Leith, Stockbridge, Costorphine, Liberton and the surrounds.
Earn up to £12.13 and enjoy our flexible work rotas and Flexi Pay! This featureallows over 7500 healthcare staff to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)The Team
You will be working with our Edinburgh team - You can find our branch at the Quadrant, New Mart Place.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
Fun Fact: The world's one and only knighted penguin lives at Edinburgh zoo.The Benefits
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Salary of up to £12.13/hr including holiday pay
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Apply today if this role sounds like you:
A Newcross Healthcare Assistant is professional, dedicated and provides a unique service to our service user, helping them with any service that will enable them to have a dignified and independent living. You will have different responsibilities such as giving support to our service users and aiding them with clinical requirements.
This care role will give you the option to improve your skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. This could include: Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Newcross deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants every month.Apply Now!
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.