Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a part time Reablement Assistant (25 hours) to assist individuals to retain their independence through planning and enablement, working with families and carers as well as other agencies to ensure a full range of coordinated services are delivered.
The role will involve:
- Meeting the physical, social and emotional needs of service users as agreed in care plans, to promote independence and enhance their living skills.
- Assisting service users with tasks as agreed in support plans.
- Working with individuals to improve and maintain daily living skills, using appropriate equipment whenever required.
- Liaising and working alongside other professionals to minimise risk and enable individuals to remain in their own homes.
- Encouraging individuals to maximise their potential in skills required for interdependent/assisted living in the community, including kitchen skills, household maintenance, washing of clothes, and encouragement of their own health care within a safe and supportive environment.
The successful individual will work flexibly over 7 days between 8am and 10pm on a rota of shift patterns, or 8pm to 8am.