As an Assistant Accountant, you will work closely with the Head of Finance in supporting a variety of clients accounting activities including;
- Bank, sales and purchase ledger reconciliation
- Purchase invoice and expense processing via Receipt Bank and Xero
- Accounts receivable and payable monitoring
- VAT postings, reconciliation and submission to HMRC
- Preparation and submission of EC Sales Lists to HMRC
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Accruals, prepayments and depreciation
- Liaising with clients and their suppliers
- Inventory reconciliation
- Credit control via Chaser
- Resolving client queries
- Management reporting to include the production of management reports & KPI dashboards as well as P&L, balance sheet, cashflow and budget analysis/ reconciliation.
This is a broad role within a growing digital accountancy and support firm. You will need to have good excel skills(v.look ups and pivots) and have experience with purchase and sales ledger, month-end journals and ideally strong reconciliations experience such as bank and balance sheet.