Business Development Manager - Food Sector
Our client is an established company based in Banbury. They are a privately-owned business specialising in the food industry and are consistently passionate and innovative in their market strategy. Due to continued expansion they are now looking to acquire the services of an ambitious, dynamic, and energetic Business Development Manager who is ready to fast track their personal development and take on an exciting new challenge.
This role is to support the Company's significant ambitions to grow its business, by developing its existing distributor relationships and through identifying and securing new customers across both domestic and International markets, in line with our strategic aims.
- To research the market place and identify strategically aligned potential new sales channels and customers.
- Work in partnership with Agents, Distributors and International Retailers, developing strong, mutually beneficial commercial relationships to facilitate our success in new and existing territories.
- Develop sales proposals for new customers in line with our strategic aims and agreed parameters including sales and profit targets.
- Establish the basis for strong partnership-based relationships with stakeholders in potential new customers.
- Successfully convert sales opportunities in line with agreed sales and profit targets.
- Ensure that all sales activities are accurately logged and communicated to the team.
- Ensure that the sales forecast process is accurate and up to date.
- Manage the relationship with new UK customers in the short team until ready to transition over to the appropriate National Account Manager in line with agreed protocols.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with international customers, taking full accountability for sales and financial performance of these accounts including prompt payment of invoices.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A level calibre, preferably with a University business related degree
- Proven track record of success within Sales
- FMCG Account Management experience ideally across a range of sectors, including wholesale and food service
- Commercial acumen
- Experience managing International distributors is preferable
- Strong International cultural awareness is essential
- Detailed understanding and management of complex P&L structures
- Passion for Food
- Resilient and tenacious
This role is Banbury based 3 days a week, with 1 day working from home and 1 out in the field meeting clients, the role includes national travel and includes a car allowance alongside other benefits.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Stephanie Barber on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role