Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner
Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner
Sheffield, South Yorkshire (with travel across the UK and abroad)
About Our Client
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, our client has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
They strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Our client is now looking for a Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner to join their team in Sheffield and play a key role in their NDT training solutions.
- Competitive salary DOE & skills
- Company car / car allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Annual Learning at Work day plus two paid volunteering days
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity for a certified NDT professional with some great teaching skills to enhance their career with one of the UK’s leading engineering institutions. Our client’s training operations are a key service offering for them and also provide vital revenue streams which enable their activities.
You’ll have the chance to work with a wide variety of organisations from across the globe, supporting their facilities and ensuring their team members are trained and certified.
So, if you are excited about teaching and imparting information, traveling on an international basis and joining a world-renowned engineering institution, this is the role for you.
As a Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, you will join our client’s Engineering Training Solutions (ETS), training subsidiary and leader in training for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Corrosion assessment, certification and consultancy services.
Travelling across the UK and abroad, you will support customers in a training and consultancy capacity, delivering contracted services and training and completing examinations.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure customer’s NDT facilities comply with industry standards
- Document all findings to produce clear, concise audit reports
- Oversee student certification in various NDT and materials evaluation methods
- Mark examinations to a consistent level
- Develop customer relationships to enable new revenue streams
- Support the development of NDT procedures and written practices, consultancy and training
- Maintain accurate student records
To be considered as a Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, you will need:
- Extensive industrial NDT experience
- Multiple NDT method Level III certifications: ASNT/PCN/EN 4179 (minimum of three NDT Level III certificates)
- Experience of providing solutions to customer’s NDT inspection related problems, with the ability to assume full technical responsibility for customer’s NDT facilities
- The ability to teach and impart knowledge of complicated physics and mathematical-based NDT concepts and techniques
- To be e-literate and competent in developing, administering and using PC and associated networks and systems (e.g. Microsoft Office) and accounting packages to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information
- A full, valid driving licence
A bachelor of science degree (or equivalent) would be beneficial to your application. Proven Experience of working at Level III within at least one of these areas would also be an advantage: aerospace, eddy current, composites, renewables, and drone inspection.
Other organisations may call this role Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, NDT Consultant, NDT Trainer, NDT Examiner, Engineering Testing Consultant, Test Engineer, NDT Engineer, or NDT Training Consultant.
Our client regrets that they are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from them within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Level III Consultant, Trainer and Examiner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.