Our South Somerset based client, an established manufacturer, is looking for an experienced Category Buyer who is able to start work immediately on an interim basis or approximately 12 months.
Our client produces some big brands and are seeking an experienced buyer who has worked within an FMCG environment and used to managing the buying process for their category.
Key Responsibilities and Person Specification
- Manage buying process for your nominated categories including strategic direction and supplier selection.
- Negotiate price and service and monitor supplier quality and service- feedback as appropriate.
- Operation of the procurement process for your nominated categories (including forecasting, order placement and follow-up and negotiating best delivery terms.)
- Network with contacts in the business to ensure that priorities are clear and commercial goals are followed through.
- You’ll have experience of working with a variety of suppliers, reviewing and maintaining best prices and excellent organisation skills. .
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to use pivot tables, V look ups
- Be an excellent communicator with attention to detail
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong working relationships
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who prefers a more family friendly environment and is happy to hit the ground running.
Please apply through this job board