Assistant Service Manager
Assistant Service Manager
Coleman Stairs, Birchington
£22,500 per annum + benefits
Avenues is a specialist provider of social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
We are looking for an Assistant Service Manager to join our team in Birchington (near to Margate) to manage the staff at Coleman Stairs.
Coleman Stairs is a supported living service which has recently been re-opened. The people we support there are adults with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge.
In this role you will work closely with the Service Manager to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high quality service. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and support the individuals with every aspect of their daily life. The role will include management and coordination of support hours, rota’s, assisting with recruitment of new staff, management of staff, shift leading, maintaining records as well as day to day support including personal care, cooking, cleaning and administering medication.
Our services are shaped around each person, and we work with their families and other professionals to understand what they need. We then support them with everyday activities like taking a shower, making a cup of tea, or trying something new. And it’s also about working with them on bigger decisions, like where they want to live, or who they want to build relationships with.
Skills and expertise:
- Share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride
- Have experience of managing small to medium staff teams
- Strong experience of supporting people with behaviours that challenge and learning disabilities
- Dedicated and driven to provide the best support to the people we support
- Ideally hold a full valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle
- Have good organisational skills and time management
- Be caring and sympathetic
- Be passionate about supporting others
- Be flexible to work across a 7 day rota including early mornings, late evenings, and nights (waking nights & sleep in’s)
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- 31 annual leave days including bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Career progression and internal opportunities
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
- Company pension scheme
Apply today or call us on to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a difference to someone’s life.