Graduate - Business Tax Trainee Adviser
Unique opportunity for an inspiring graduate looking to join a progressive firm of chartered accountants as a Business Tax Trainee adviser. The role will work across a number of different areas of tax, with a focus on providing tax advice to owner managed businesses.The role is advisory based, although there may be opportunities to get involved with compliance as the need arises.
Working for a range of clients, including individuals and owner managed businesses, your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for professional exams.
The firm is an advisory led independent firm of accountants that specialises in advising growing owner managed businesses and their shareholders. The firm have a strong focus on claiming R&D tax credits for clients and the successful applicant will be exposed to unparalleled opportunities in this exciting area of tax.
The role will include:
- Supporting the rest of the team with tax advisory projects covering R&D tax credits, reorganisations, mergers & acquisitions, capital allowances and others
- Assisting with research, reports and other client deliverables for advisory projects
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of our clients
- Assisting with tax compliance for clients, where necessary, although the role is not intended to be compliance based
- Studying towards a professional qualification
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has good analytical skills, and is able to think critically, research and solve problems
- Has a can-do attitude and is looking for a role which encourages self-development and learning
- Can manage workloads effectively and is able to balance work with studying for a professional qualification
- Enjoys new challenges
- Can build strong relationships with others
- Has strong time-management skills and an attention to detail
Minimum 2:1 degree
Training & Support
The firm will fund study towards the ATT qualification under a training contract. Upon qualification you will then be funded to study to achieve the CTA qualification