Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates over 190 stores across the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 8,000 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, kitchens and furniture.
People don’t just visit us for a tin of paint or a packet of screws. They’re looking for fresh ideas and inspiration for their home and gardens. To make their house a home. And that's what makes a career at Homebase so rewarding.
The Procurement Administrator provides both clerical and administrative support to the Procurement function. They are involved with the coordination and implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
What will I be doing?
Responsible for specific projects and tasks including but not limited to:
- Sample organisation
- Coupa maintenance
- Contract uploads
- Daily administrative tasks
- New vendor set up
- Supplier management
- Pre-tender information gathering
- Raising of monthly and adhoc POs
- Diary management
- Mailbox management
- Prospective and new supplier requests
What I need to be successful:
- GCSE in Maths and English - Grade A* to C
- Previous experience in an Administrative or Personal Assistant role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in word processing and excel.
- Knowledge of or an understanding of Procurement would be advantageous but not essential.
- A high standard of IT, organisational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure independently or within a team.
When joining us you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ annual leave
- Store discounts up to 20%
- Company Pension & Life Assurance
- Access to our employee assistance helpline
And many more additional benefits, discounts and offers.