Personal Care Assistant
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Personal Care Assistants to care for our service users with additional care needs in Telford and the surrounding areas.Learn with us!
Develop your skill set and broaden your career with our extensive range of free training programs. These can be earned through credits as you work and cover a range of different topics including Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support and many more.Position
You will be responsible for providing excellent care to our service users in line with their personal care plans. You will aid with personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team
Flexi Pay! Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!