Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with learning difficulties in Trowbridge and the surrounding areas of Bath.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What to expect in your role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.Benefits
- Salary of up to £14.99/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Located in the gorgeous countryside of southwest England and famous for its natural hot springs and author Jane Austen, the city of Bath's Newcross branch provides qualified nurses and care workers to the wider Somerset region.
The branch is based a short distance away from the city centre.