National Business Development Manager - Retail
National Business Development Manager - Retail, North West
We are working with an award winning North West based manufacturer and wholesale distributor of high quality e-liquid, and electronic cigarette products.
The business has experienced phemominal growth and as a result, are looking to appoint a National Business Development Manager to develop and grow their retail division.
The National Business Development Manager will be able to pursue and acquire new business whilst developing and growing existing relationships who will deliver long-term profitable growth across the UK.
Benefits of the National Business Development Manager role include;
- Competative salary
- Car allowance
- The opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing business
The National Business Development Manager responsibilities include;
- Taking full accountability for the generation of new business pipeline including; full account plans, reports, sector knowledge and research, competitor identification, developing unique selling propositions and differentiators whilst fully understanding their buying journey.
- Researching the market to gain a clear understanding of the sector and how to expose the brands.
- Working with the Group Head of Sales to create and implement a strategy to target the retail market.
- Establishing long-term relationships based on trust and integrity with new and existing clients to drive growth within the retail sector and become known as a sector specialist both locally and nationally.
- Offer expertise within the buying strategy and set a segmentation approach to the retail market by targeting different types of clients to secure future business quickly.
- Growing business within the existing accounts by broadening the product portfolio through face-to-face visits, PowerPoint presentations, attending exhibitions networking and cold-calling. Have a true hunter mentality.
- Being able to identify and seize opportunities whilst also having the commercial knowledge of pricing, products, packaging, delivery capability, and implementation process. Allowing for a consistent high standard of business which supports the cultural change and future vision.
As a critical role within the business, the candidate needs to have the following qualities and experience:
- Proven track record within a similar industry, ideally with knowledge of selling a similar product into the retail sector.
- Used to working in a fast paced environment, ideally with experience of both corporate and SME environments and be able to adapt to change in order to support the cultural change and future vision.
- Driven and motivated by originating new business as well as managing existing accounts.
- Have experience of working in both a central location as well as nationally and negotiating pricing strategies which protect the profit margins of a highly respected brand.
- Enthusiastic, forward thinker, creative, transparent, energetic, hands on and a self-motivated individual who is able to drive profitable growth.
- An experienced sales individual, with a proven track record of winning new business whilst growing existing relationships.
- Able to build relationships at all levels within a business, both internally and externally and having the credibility to participate as an influential member of the team. Handling objections and agreeing commercial contracts.
- Recognising the need for internal stake holder relationships by bringing together experts at the right stage of the sales cycle in order to secure business, implement correctly, and allow for additional pipeline management.
- Able to creatively and dynamically produce their own tool kit for presentation and marketing collateral. Ideally with a working knowledge of a full sales pipeline CRM and Microsoft Office packages, coupled with a respect for accurate data.
- Able to self-manage their own working schedule to match the needs of both national and local business requirements. Adept at starting a new product within a new market
- Setting up pipeline and forecasting tools.
- Willing to travel across the UK as required.
- Evidence a successful track record in selling a product into the retail market.
- Attend exhibitions to promote the company and products.
Critically, the appointed National Business Development Manager will demonstrate the drive and determination to win business that reflects their ambitions and culture of success.
"By proceeding with this application, you are consenting to Rowan Recruitment Limited’s collection of your personal information and handling of that information. Rowan will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. If at any time you want your personal information to be deleted, you simply need to notify us.