Now Careers are currently working exclusively with Design Group UK to help them recruit a qualified Finance Manager for their leading manufacturing site in Hengoed, South Wales.
About Design Group UK
Design Group UK is one of the country’s largest manufacturers of Christmas crackers, gift wrap, greetings cards, stationery and creative play products. Offering customers both branded and bespoke solutions across a range of product categories, Design GroupUK serves retail customers of all sizes.
This exciting role reports into the Financial Controller where you will add significant value to the business by developing and communicating insightful management information and ensure the day-to-day financial activities are properly managed and to deputise for the FC when required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the weekly & monthly management accounts process including nominal reconciliations, lead schedules and preparing an audit standard month end Balance Sheet working file.
- Lead on all commercial projects & reports
- Send & oversee management information out to key stakeholders on a regular timely basis (Directors and Group, in particular)
- Assist in preparation of Year end & Half year end management and statutory type accounts - deal with external auditor’s queries and provide full audit files and reconciliations
- Assist the Financial Controller with quarterly forecasts and budgets, including taking ownership of sales forecasting
- Oversee internal payroll function to ensure timely production and accurate journal entries
- To play an active role within the control system environment, in particular, reconciling key control accounts and advising of any control weakness with recommendations to improve
- Internal and external reporting, including overseeing the preparation of monthly VAT returns, Intrastat and EC sales reports
- Manage the fixed asset process
- Management of customer terms & provisions
- Support the Financial Controller with ad hoc analysis.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Fully qualifiedwith at least 3 years subsequent experience in industry performing at a high level
- Previous experience of reporting within a Group of companies desirable
- Manufacturing experience desirable
- Commercial accounting experience essential
- Should demonstrate a "hands on" approach whilst being able to "see the bigger picture"
- Strong project management skills e.g. capable of preparing and running the plan to deliver the budgets
- High professional standards - right first time, meeting deadlines, high quality deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively, both internally (all Management and Directors) and externally (auditors and management of holding company)
- Must have a flexible approach and be willing and able to work additional hours where necessary
- Must be computer literate (all Microsoft packages) with strong Excel skills. Knowledge of Sage 1000 is desirable and IT experience in implementing / developing financial systems would be a real benefit.