Care Assistant / Support Worker
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workersto provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users in a variety of care settings inDereham, Swaffham, Swanton Morley, Scarning, Hockering, Mattishall, Watton and the surrounding areas.Why join us?
Here at Newcross we value both our service users and staff. Choose to work around your own schedule and lifestyle with a range of flexible, full and part time hours. Feel comfort in regular payments with guaranteed minimum hours provided to all our staff members.
Further still, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®Norwich Team
Our Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Norwich has the largest walled centre and longest run of medieval defences in England.Your Care Assistant Role
As a Care Assistant here at Newcross you will be responsible for providing excellent care and support to our service users. You will be responsible for personal care plans, any clinical requirements, accompanying at social events/activities and any other additional services that enable our service users to feel dignified.Your Support Worker Role
Providing support and care to others is a rewarding experience
As a Support Worker your responsibilities can include the following; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable our service user to live as independently as possible.Skills & Training
Looking to up-skill or keen to learn more? Here at Newcross we provide our staff with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These can include; Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.01/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Apply Now!
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.