External Sales Manager - EMEA Huntingdon Based
We are working with an international aerospace leader who is recognized worldwide for its quality, reliability and problem solving capability who are now
looking for an Outside Sales Representative to sell and promote products and services.
Due to fantastic exansion over the last 12 - 18 months - this brand new position will be based in the Huntingdon office and the assigned territory will be Europe, Middle East, and Africa. You will be part of team of 3 Sales managers working to expand the current client database and build strong working relationships with existing and new clientele. Even though this company has expanded considerably over the last year - it still remains a small company and therefore keeps that family feel and the opportunity to have autonomy over your role. There is also plenty of social opportunities - so great for a candidate that enjoys going to concerts, quiz evenings and popping to the local pub for a few bevvies after work!
You will provide technical application assistance and accurate pricing, quoting for the customer through effective teamwork with sales personnel to assure excellent customer follow-through and service. You will expand and maintain the existing customer account base and identify, contact, and secure new profitable business relationships. Communicate the results of sales activities, monthly sales revenue objectives, and profit margins.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Increase the customer account base (within assigned territory) and profit margins by identifying products and services.
- Provide customers with quotations, technical assistance, and troubleshooting
- Communicate with customers concerning products, requests for quotes, and coordination of equipment deliveries.
- Assure excellence in customer satisfaction; seek and monitor customer feedback.
- Deliver sales presentations and represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer account base expansion, and submit weekly sales call plan.
- Demonstrate a level of professionalism that will further differentiate the Company from our competitors.
- Continually seek to expand knowledge in industrial manufacturing and competitive information on price, service, product lines, marketing materials, and activities to ensure a competitive edge.
- Support Inside Sales Representatives on all pre-sale and post-sale activities including order processing, vendor relations, shipping and receiving, and follow-up.
- Maintain contact database.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of consistent Company image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Required Travel: 50% including Overseas Travel.
- Educated to degree level and external sales experience in sales manufacturing or a distribution environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be technically adept in heating, control, and electrical systems with the ability to operate in a sales/customer service environment.
- Must have technical knowledge of heat and control loop basics and an understanding of heater applications for all heaters, a basic knowledge of industrial electrical set-ups.
- Proficient with word processing programs, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional reports and documents, scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and prepare and present information to management, customers, and the board of directors.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers. Must be able to write professional reports, documentation, and correspondence. Must have effective customer service and persuasive sales skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and statistics and their applications to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, product pricing, profit margins, sales projections, and Ohm's Law.
- Ability to assimilate information from diverse sources to form a complete situational picture and develop a plan of action to accomplish the task.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 3 working days. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. I