Trinity Homecare are a forward thinking and innovative home care company looking for a new Care Manager to join us and be part of our success story. If you are an existing Team Leader, Senior care worker or Deputy Manager within a home care setting and are ready for your next challenge then we'd like to hear from you.
Our head office is in Worcester Park, Surrey and the role would be field and office based - reporting in to the Head of Care.
This role is to cover Wimbledon and Merton areas.
Due to the geographical locations you would need to be a driver with use of your own vehicle (mileage and parking is paid as part of your expenses).
About the role
- To support the development of a well-established and expanding area.
- Work closely with a home care coordinator to ensure best practice and delivery of quality care.
- To carry out assessments, reviews, appraisals and spot checks in line with all current legislation and Company policies, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- To support and work with the Head of Care to ensure that CQC regulations are followed and Company policies and procedures are adhered to for our clients and care workers.
- To support the Head of Care and Directors deliver the growth targets for the business.
- To deputise occasionally for the Head of Care during their absence
- To participate in the on call rota as part of the team - payment for this is additional to basic salary
Deliver high quality personal care and support to clients
- Deliver companionship, support services and personal care according to the client personal support plan (when required) and in accordance with current best practices.
To supervise and mentor Senior Care Worker/s and new care workers
- To support the Senior Care Workers and be first line of call before escalation to Head of Care is required.
- Assist with the training and assessing of new staff in the field along with a team of internal assessors
- Provide practical training and work shadowing for new staff
- Introduce new care workers to clients
- Supervise the activities of senior carers ensuring that reviews and quality checks are completed on a timely basis and to the required standard
- Act as a mentor to senior carers and care workers, leading by example
- Conduct timely spot checks in line with Trinity’s supervision policy
- Manage conflict amongst staff
- Input to and lead staff meetings when required
Manage Ongoing Client Relationships
- Monitor and ensure quality of care for clients
- Monitor and note the general health of the client and their circumstances
- Take the lead responsibility for allocated client documentation ensuring care plans and client files are kept accurate and up to date
- Conduct client reviews and case conferences as required, obtaining input from other relevant parties such as family members and other health professionals as necessary
- Complete care needs and risk assessments for new clients to a high standard
- Update care assessments and risk assessments as required and ensure carers are sufficiently trained to follow these
- Attend meetings with other agencies involved with the client e.g. Care Managers/Age Concern/Community Psychiatric Nurse/clients’ families to review and recommend changes to the care packages as required
- Listen and work closely with clients, their advocates and NOK to ensure Company provides a high standard of care, liaising with the Case Manager, Head of Care, GPs and district nurses and other bodies as required
- Support the implementation of Trinity’s policies and procedures and maintenance of standards required by relevant legislation
- To take responsibility for the reception and initial investigation of complaints, and recording their progress for allocated clients
- Escalate and report issues to the Head of Care
On Call - you would support the on-call rota which is fairly rostered. You would receive additional pay to your salary for on- call duties as well as additional pay if you delivered care calls outside of your core hours.
Trinity Homecare aim to be the provider of choice and an employer of choice in Surrey and for that reason we expect all of our team to work to the same high standards. If you feel that you want a move or a change to a growing and forward thinking home care organisation and you have the necessary experience and skills then please apply today.