Senior Internal Auditor
Avis Budget Group doesn’t just rent cars. We’re changing the way people move. Across our world-leading brands - Avis, Budget, Zipcar and Payless - we’re continually harnessing the latest technology to develop integrated products and services that will offer entirely new travel possibilities with more convenience and flexibility than ever before.
About the role of Senior Internal Auditor – Corporate Functions
Do you love audit and travelling?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Group Audit team of 12 to audit our 20 corporate countries across the globe.
Due to the extensive countries you will be looking after; you will be expected to travel 40-50% of the time, although finalisation of reports and planning for the next audit will generally take place from the base location in either the HQ in Bracknell or office locations in Paris, Rome or Brussels.
This is a highly responsible role and the team report directly into the Board of Directors so strong English language capability – both written and spoken – is imperative. Additional language skills an added bonus: French, Italian, German, Hungarian or Spanish
- To undertake risk-based internal audit reviews at Avis Budget and other third-party locations as required.
- Pre-audit planning, risk assessment and scoping.
- Understanding and documenting business processes.
- Performing audit procedures to substantiate balances and to determine the existence of controls and to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls.
- Assessment of residual risk and recommendation of actions for management consideration.
- Presentation of internal audit findings to local management in each operation.
- Preparing detailed audit working papers for line manager review.
- Drafting audit reports for line manager review.
- Supporting the application of best practice across the Group by sharing knowledge and process information.
- Providing support to the Company on special audit projects (for example, this may include system and process changes; fraud and / or code of conduct investigations).
- Managing effective relationships with key business colleagues across the International Region.
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent)
- 3-5 years audit experience in a public accounting firm within assurance, internal audit services or risk management
- Ability to travel extensively - expectation is Sunday evening to Friday morning
- Fluent English language (written and spoken)
- Additional language skills advantageous: French, Italian, German, Hungarian or Spanish
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Highly competent in determining and executing audit steps and techniques
- Ability to document business processes and to identify key controls
- Ability to document audit working papers to reperformance / IIA standards
- Positive attitude, highly motivated team player, able to work independently when required
- Proven experience in building strong relationships, using own judgement and having strong interpersonal, communication and reporting skills
- An impeccable level of integrity
We are looking for the very best talent to help us shape the future of mobility. If you are interested, please apply now!