Control Room Supervisor
Job Title: Control Room Supervisor
Contract: Permanent 40 hours per week
"Family ethos and values are very much at the heart of our business. This is embodied in our core values which translate into providing a caring, responsive, innovative service to our patients and NHS Trust partners".
E-zec Medical Transport service is a family run company focussed on delivering high quality, safe, effective ambulance transportation for patients to and from a healthcare setting. Founded in 1998 E-zec is the largest independent ambulance provider that operates solely and exclusively in the patient transport sector. E-zec currently employs more than 1100 staff and operates a fleet of 500 vehicles. E-Zec hold 12 NHS NEPTS contracts across the UK.
About the Role:
We are looking to recruit a Control Room Supervisor for our Bristol Non-emergency patient transport operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves dispatching and planning difficulties and discusses such difficulties with originators of requests.
- To directly line manage all control room staff and as such manage absence, development and issues according to policies and procedures.
- Monitor planned resourcing and demand to ensure that that the service is best placed to deliver optimal KPIs.
- Monitor planning and dispatch to ensure current KPI targets are delivered.
- To request authorisation from the on-demand team for any additional resource required across the area of responsibility.
- To ensure provision of training for new control room staff on procedures and practices relevant to the control room.
- Ensure that the data validation process in completed on cleric in line with monthly reporting.
- Investigation of complaints relating to planning and dispatching issues and to deal with verbal complaints as they arise.
- Monitor calls received in control room to ensure accurate information is taken and delivered.
- Work with Team Leaders to oversee the resource scheduling to ensure daily resource levels are optimised.
- Work with Fleet Manager to ensure vehicles are booked off on cleric for servicing, deep cleans and repairs.
- Identify areas for the development of services and relay to managers to realise potential opportunities.
- To ensure that the control room has resilience across all areas should there be any episodes of short-term absence to enable the service to maintain the planning and dispatch function with minimal disruption.
- Experience of working in similar transport control environment, using logistical and planning skills
- High quality of leadership skills,
- Have a good geographic knowledge of the county
- Be able to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to take the initiative
- You will receive full training to fulfil the role and uniform
- 25k per hour including a 30 minutes paid break
- 224 hours of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Auto enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
If you wish to apply please upload your CV. The closing date for applications is Thursday 18 April 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing 29/04/2019.
If you have any additional questions, we are more than happy to answer them.