Newcross Healthcare several job opportunities for Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants (HCAs) caring for our service users in Chester, Ellesmere Port, Deeside and the surrounding areasthrough our local Chester branch.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around you and your studies. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts.
Living costs can be a struggle as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What to expect
The Care Assistant will be responsible in providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.Benefits
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply todayYour local Team
Your local branch is based in Chester - you can find us at 17 - 19 Boughton, just off of the A51. We are easily accessible by both car and public transport, being just a 7 minute walk from Chester train station and a few minutes from the Grosvenor precinct.
Our Chester branch covers the wider Cheshire area and parts of Northern Wales, from Holywell and Wrexham, to Crewe and Northwich.Click the Apply Now button to being your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.