Personal Care Assistant
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants to provide care to our service users with additional care needs in Telford, Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Market Drayton, Newtown, Ludlow and the surrounding areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive excellent care and support to enabling them to live their lives as independently as possible. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services required.Benefits
- Salary of up to £15.96/hr including holiday pay
- Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Flexible hours across weekday, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
Flexi Pay! Our innovative service, will provide you with the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will provide you with an exclusive opportunity to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs. These can be earned through credits as you work and cover a range of different topics such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Apply Today!
If you cannot apply online, please call . Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Newcross Healthcare Shrewsbury is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.