Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Thanet,Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs, Birchington and the surrounding local towns of Kent operating through our Canterbury team.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around your schedule. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, providing security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage their work-life balance.
Further still, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®What can you expect from your Supporting Role?
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with our service users living with physical or learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and/or autism.
Each individual experiences different challenges due to their physical impairment or learning difficulty. It is important that the ideal applicant is compassionate and caring, providing expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.Skills & Opportunities
The successful candidate will have the chance to improve their skill set with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!Your Local Team
Our Canterbury branch is based on Station Road East in Canterbury city centre, just across the road from Canterbury East train station and a short distance from Canterbury Christ Church University.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.