Lending Underwriter -Wolverhampton
A thriving Lender based in Wolverhampton are looking for an experienced Underwriter to join the expanding team. The role will be responsible for providing support and development to ensure the timely processing of all new mortgage applications for the business as per lending policy and file requirements. This role will take ownership and responsibility to deliver high quality lending decisions personally and deliver a great experience to brokers and customers.
Key skills for the role:
- You will need a good working knowledge of risk based lending, property related items, both Long Term and Short Term underwriting.
- The role will require extensive telephone contact with our brokers, solicitors, applicants and valuers to ensure we provide a first class service.
- You will be required to proactively manage our broker’s expectations and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Legal Title and general Law as it applies to Mortgage Lending;
- Experience with property related issues;
- An ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers to ensure the correct level of risk pricing/ quality of application;
- An understanding of the Short Term and Specialist Mortgages business’s;
- Must have held a lending mandate.
This is a great time to join a successful business based in Wolverhampton offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information please contact Ella Britton