£22,000 to £27,000
Our client, a leading insurer based in Kent, is currently looking for a Commercial Underwriter. The purpose of the role is to contribute to and assist the Existing Business team in order to achieve targeted retention and rate strength, developing and maintaining excellent broker relationships in the process.
- Take calls, provide mid-term adjustments, underwrite renewals, underwrite schemes and deal with new business referrals. Issue documentation accurately and in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Actively contribute to the growth and retention targets of the department.
- Understand the impact of claims & risk management on the performance of a risk, demonstrating an ability to underwrite and taking these factors into account.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with both colleagues and brokers.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the products, procedures and Management Information.
- Commercial Underwriting experience is desirable. Alternatively, this role will suit a Commercial Account Handler with experience of Commercial Combined who is looking to move into an Underwriting role.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Candidates must either already be Cert CII qualified or be working towards CII qualifications.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications we receive daily, we are only able to contact applicants which have passed the initial CV screening stage. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
We do not retain any personal information without your permission. Please refer to our data protection policy on our official website for more information - www.edenjames.co.uk
Keywords: Home; Underwriter; Commercial Underwriting; Insurance Underwriting; Account Handler; Underwriting Jobs in Maidstone; Underwriting Jobs in Kent