Our client is a very successful accountancy company based in Hornchurch who work with a wide range of businesses.
The successful candidate will be based within the firms existing book-keeping & VAT department.
Ideally qualified to AAT level, but happy to consider persons qualified by experience with a very good knowledge of VAT workings and ability to produce Returns.
A good and varied knowledge of current computer based packages
A good understanding of bookkeeping as you will be assisting the team manage their client's monthly record keeping and VAT requirements and assisting with the on-boarding of clients to accounting software.
Full time position. 9 - 5 pm Mon - Friday up to £32 k
- Manage a portfolio of clients and their monthly bookkeeping and VAT requirements using cloud based software packages
- Assist the team with bookkeeping services and the transition to digital accounting
- Data entry both manually and electronically
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Getting clients on-board with Digital Accounts packages and assisting in the choice of the right solutions for their business
- Assisting the team train clients on cloud software face to face, using screen sharing software and in online meetings
- Communication with clients to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 2- 3 years experience within accountancy practice
- Knowledge of and ability to use IT software
- Organised, ability to work to deadlines and an attention to detail
- Working knowledge of current VAT rules and regulations, and bookkeeping requirements for small businesses