Home Claims Handler
Our client are a leading Insurance firm, they are seeking a claims handler to join their home claims team.
The Home team deal with all aspects of claims for the Business Home product. They deal with first notification of a claim from the customer through to final settlement. All claims are registered onto their system and no claim form is required. This a full 360 case handling process, the team will validate the claim at notification stage and instruct the appropriate supplier or negotiate a cash settlement.
- The Home Claims Advisor will play a key role in providing our Home policyholders with an excellent standard of customer service, whilst ensuring all claims are dealt within the terms of the policy cover.
- The Advisor will deal with all aspects of home claims excluding large losses, underground services, travel and subsidence. Delivery of the highest standards of customer care and satisfaction are paramount, combined with the requirement to focus on minimising the loss ratio.
- Telephony Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a professional service at all times.
- Ascertain relevant claim details and record them accurately to ensure the quality is to a high standard.
- Effectively persuade the customer to settle the claim in the most efficient way.
- Ensure the claim is valid and covered by the policy.
- Ensure the claim details are checked for possible fraudulent cases.
- Convert policyholders to use our network of suppliers (or to settle in the most efficient way).
- Effectively process and handle home claims excluding large losses, underground services, travel and subsidence.
- Diarise and chase the claim to ensure settlement is reached expediently.
- Provide updates on the status of claims.
- Ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act when recording information and ensure the customer declaration is always completed.
- Cross reference to the policy to ensure the policyholder has the required level of cover.
- Ask probing questions and be aware of fraud indicators, raising any suspected fraudulent cases to Fraud Validators as appropriate.
- Effectively handle home claims up to the agreed limit, ensuring large losses, underground services, travel and subsidence claims are re-allocated to a Specialist/ Executive.
- Set task in line with diary procedures whilst ensuring there are no outstanding diaries over the agreed service level.
- Candidates can have experience in customer service, preferably telephone based roles.
- A proactive approach.
- A strong work history is desirable, someone who has produced longevity in their previous roles.
- Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English - Grade C and above) or equivalent
- Rotational shift work Monday-Saturday
- Just a 37.5 hour week