ProdPad is a fast growing, Brighton & Hove based, tech startup. We are currently looking to hire an experienced Web Developer to join our our Marketing team. This role will suit someone who has experience building innovative and engaging websites, either at an agency, or in house.
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Bose, WP Engine, Rackspace, Autodesk, and Automattic.
It’s a "software as a service" (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation's broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups - like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
When hiring, we are always on the lookout for ways to hook up with the best and most interesting candidates out there. We go beyond the standard “job ad” approach - attending conferences, setting up and sponsoring local meetups, setting tech challenges (which we pay for) so candidates can see what life is really like at ProdPad, and of course offering flexibility to enable our team to balance their work and personal commitments.
About the Job:
This role will be a key part of our ambitious marketing team. Your focus will be on optimising ProdPad’s set of public-facing sites, helping to ensure that we’re putting our best face forward to prospective and existing customers. You’ll also play a huge part in our ability to test, learn from, and iterate on messaging and design across these pages.
The role will include the following activities:
- Creating, updating and maintaining landing pages in WordPress for our custom marketing website templates with PHP/HTML/SASS/Responsive Design
- Implementing and reviewing A/B testing for landing pages
- Monitoring and improving the marketing site speed analysis and ongoing security maintenance
- Implementing SEO best practice
- Giving a monthly overview of the marketing’s site progress
- Keeping Plugins up to date in WordPress
- Version control using GitHub
- Updating templates for our Help Centre based in ZenDesk
This is not an exhaustive list. One of the many benefits of working at ProdPad is that as a rapidly growing company, there is plenty to put your stamp on within the organisation. If you have ideas - share them, you never know where it might lead!
You’ll be competent in building and launching sites in WordPress and you’ll enjoy adding your own creative flair as you do so, (while following set design principles). You’ll probably be from an agency background, and therefore will be used to turning ideas into tangible concepts. You will relish the thought of joining a highly creative team where you’ll be able to showcase your innovative ideas. A motivating factor for you applying to join ProdPad is that you are keen to take ownership of our website, and you’ll take great pride in delivering high quality content with speed and flexibility.
Desirable Skills and Experience**
- Mid-level in PHP (WordPress) / SASS/CSS / HTML / JS / Responsive Web Design
- You have worked with GitHub or other version control systems
- You have some experience implementing A / B testing
- You understand SEO, and would be comfortable implementing best practices
- You are familiar with Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics
- You have a working knowledge of Sketch and/or Photoshop CC and are interested in design.
- You may have an interest in user behaviour and UX, and you are keen to learn more
- You have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (including ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, Trello, email and occasional meetings at the beach, to keep us all on the same page.
- 1-2 years experience in a Web Developer (or similar) role.
** If you tick some of these boxes not all that’s okay! If you’re keen to learn we’re here to teach. Let us know in your covering letter why this is the job for you!
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Private Medical Insurance
Healthcare Cash Back Plan
Your own choice of kit
Season ticket loan
A good work life balance
Team social events
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you'd be joining? Here's a post about working at ProdPad that'll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.prodpad.com/blog/developer-at-prodpad/
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!