Risk & Fraud Analyst
CashFlows operates in the FinTech space with a focus on electronic payments. We have achieved success by developing the core technologies, capabilities, regulatory authorisations and scheme memberships that enable us to offer our intermediaries and customers a range of innovative payment solutions at a transparent and fair cost.
As a Risk & Fraud Analyst you will be responsible for risk monitoring for small, medium and large companies. In this position, you will adhere to underwriting and risk mitigation strategies to drive profitable growth. You will work closely with colleagues within the Compliance, Operations and Sales teams to minimise risks.
Duties will include:
- Reading and interpreting company financial information
- Reporting detailed financial analysis of a company, identifying key risks, undertaking market analysis, and calculating potential exposure based on nature of the products sold and delivery fulfilment times
- Managing a portfolio of merchants to proactively monitor merchant settlements, chargebacks, fraud alerts and refunds to identify any unusual transaction behaviour
- Adjusting risk parameters to reflect merchant’s trading behaviour
- Checking customer’s websites against 3rd party software systems to check for flagged violations and taking the appropriate action
- Monitoring for fraudulent payments and taking the appropriate action
- Conduct AML compliance checks on outgoing payments
- Raising SARs against suspicious behavior
- Liaising and working with multiple internal and external stakeholders including Merchants, Partners, Boarding, Customer Service and Compliance.
A great education impresses us, but relevant experience and a proven track record puts you ahead of the competition.
The ability to learn new concepts in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment is essential. Experience in the following card acquiring/issuing environment is beneficial:
- Fraud and risk monitoring (Preferably from an acquiring or issuing background)
- Calculation of credit risk exposure
- Card scheme rules
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategy skills
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience solving problems using a range of different information sources to influence decisions
- The ability to be flexible, decisive and quick-thinking
- The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a patient, calm and effective manner
- Capacity to work independently as well as part of a team and be able to work effectively in high pressure scenarios