Commercial Account Handler
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Account Handler with a sound knowledge of Commercial Insurance. You will be joining a forward thinking company who are based in Ipswich and provide a full range of insurance solutions for all kinds of businesses and personal assets.
Duties & Responsibilities for Commercial Account Handler
- Providing administrative support and servicing business for designated Account Executives as required in a professional, timely and efficient manner - handling new business, MTAs and renewals.
- Ensuring that work undertaken is within scope of knowledge and experience, referring to senior staff for guidance as required.
- Ensuring that clients are treated fairly and provided with appropriate insurance cover at competitive premiums
- Advising insurers in respect of all new business, amendments and renewal transactions.
- Communicating with clients and ensuring that they are fully aware of the cover provided.
- Liaising with clients/premium credit providers on failed instalment cases
- Ensuring that any formal complaints or potential formal complaints are referred immediately to the Broking Operations Manager or Managing Director
- Ensuring that all compliance procedures are adhered to on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that computer records are kept up to date.
- Liaise with Claims Dept. as required to verify loss experience at each renewal.
- Assist Claims Dept. in respect of cover operative and other technical matters.
- Undertake other tasks as required by Managing Director.
Technical skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of products handled.
- Knowledge of the insurance marketplace for products handled.
- Understanding of the needs of Insurers to assess the risks presented.
- Undertaking CPD to ensure that technical knowledge is kept up to date and CII 35hr study requirement is met.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office - Email, Word and Excel.
- Ability to obtain quotations/ process business using internet-based systems.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to write letters and communicate complex insurance matters to clients in a clear and concise manner
- Committed team player - supportive of other team members and offering assistance as workload dictates
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, customers, insurers and service providers.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with great benefits.