UK Financial Controller
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking FMCG business in Northamptonshire as the Financial Controller working close with the board.
Our client is a forward thinking FMCG business with offices all around the world. It's customer base includes a large number of globally recognised retailers.
The Northamptonshire based company is embarking on a phase of development within the UK back office and support functions. The Divisional Financial Controller will be integral to the success of the improvements and development expected.
The Finance Director for the UK has highlighted the requirement to develop the Divisional Financial Controller duties to deliver on both the routine tasks whilst also with the ad-hoc project assignments. The responsibility for the delivery of the financial performance of the UK division will rest with the Divisional Financial Controller with the FD to review.
The team performance and development will also form a key part of the FC remit along with the following:
- The production and delivery of accurate monthly financial management accounts,
- Insightful commentary on the divisional performance - with suggestions and improvements
- Delivery of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts to the board
- Driving a cultural change to focus on business partnering
- Developing clear BI and MI on non financial performance for key business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an impressive track record in a Controller capacity with a preferential background in either a retail, consumer goods or FMCG environment. The key to the success of the Divisional Financial Controller will come from the characteristics and personality.
Ideally you will:
- Demonstrate an ability to adapt, learn and pick things up quickly
- Have a recognised professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Be able to lead a small team and challenge senior non finance stakeholders
- Articulate the drivers and challenges face in an FMCG business
- Be within a commutable distance from Northamptonshire
£65,000 - £75,000 benefits